Products: Transfer Aids
Call to schedule an appointment 651-450-5629
- Liko has special slings to fit the needs of both the caregiver and the individual. All of our slings provide comfort and security with our padding, adjustable chest straps, versatile hooking straps and anti-slip backing.
OriginalSling comes in six different sizes (XS – XL). It is important to choose the correct size to achieve the highest level of comfort and safety for the patient. A sling which is too large increases the risk of the patient sliding out of it, while one which is too small will be tight-fitting in the groin and cause discomfort.
Note that size small is for children, while medium-slim fits slender adults.
- OriginalSling is available in different fabrics. When the sling will not be left in the chair/bed after completed transfer, we recommend the version in polyester, which is very pliable to work with and durable.
- Liko OriginalSling is also available in net polyester for those who leave the sling in the chair after transfer and who want an alternative that allows for airflow.
- For bathing and showering, the plastic-coated net version allows water to pass through and wiped dry.
Several different leg supports
Liko® OriginalSling has several versions of leg supports:
- Reinforced leg supports is the most common design. It provides a high degree of comfort, distributes the pressure and prevent the leg supports from creasing under the thighs.
- Fabric leg supports without reinforcement make the sling more pliable and easy to care for.
- Soft-padded leg supports (synthetic sheepskin) are available for especially pressure-sensitive patients.